StringsPop! is an experiential journey through applied music theory and literacy to create Pop Music arrangements for string instruments. Learn to make multi-track recordings and music videos by arranging pop songs in layers – melody, harmony, bass line and rhythm, then share online with friends or perform live with local groups.
- Daily classes held via Zoom (M-F) from July 12-23, 2021
- Daily arranging and recording projects and assignments
- Group collaborations with classmates and solo projects
- Individualized teacher feedback and project mentorship
- Custom handouts and materials for making multi-track music video arrangement projects.
- Full access to Soundtrap recording program included for all participants
- Final Showcase concert to livestream the projects for a real-time audience
- Sessions available for string students ages 10-13 and 14-17 (as of July 12, 2021)
- Scale fluency in keys up to 4 sharps and 4 flats (two octaves)
- Recommended for intermediate and advancing string students
- High-speed internet connection
- Hands free headphones with built-in mic
- Phone or tablet
- Acapella by Mixcord app (free version, available in iOS devices)
- Google account (for accessing Google Classroom platform)
- Soundtrap account log-ing (provided)
Camp Dates: July 12 – 23, 2021
60-90 minute classes held daily, Monday-Friday, between 9am-3pm PDT, with final showcase concert on Friday, July 23, 2021 at 5pm PDT. Asynchronous daily time on projects held outside class hours.
- SPACE IS LIMITED. REGISTER TODAY!
Tuition cost per participant: $495